Friday, December 12, 2008

Post Op Blues

Yesterday, Baxter went to the vet and had surgery to remove some of his "boy parts." The surgery went well, and he only got three staples, but Baxter was VERY tired when I went to pick him up. Usually, he'll whine and moan when he's in the car. This trip was spent mostly sleeping. He did let out one very loud yelp, which scared me half to death.

When we got home, his attitude was a lot better, and he seemed more willing to play. He did try to jump on the couch, which resulted in another loud yelp and no more attempts to conquer such high platforms. After a little food and some water, I gently picked him up and put him on the couch with me, where he spent the rest of the night.



On my lunch break today, I stopped by the house to see how he was doing and give him some more food. He was anxious to see me, and he's now leaping on the couch and running from room to room with a random toy in his mouth, following me like he normally does. I have a feeling that won't last too much longer as his pain meds will soon wear off.

No comments:

Baxter Beaglier Beagalier Beagle Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Hybrid Puppy Dog Blog Blogspot Beagliers Beagaliers Puppies Information Facts