Monday, November 24, 2008

Baxter Meets Susie

Baxter got to meet his other cousin this weekend. Susie, a 4 year old miniture white schnauzer, is my brother's dog. I guess my brother and my sister both have a thing for the breed.

When we arrived, Susie was already outside to greet us. She was very curious of Baxter, and he was anxious as well. They sniffed each other for a while, and began to run around the back yard and play. Instant friends! Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me since this was an impromptu stop.

Baxter stayed at Uncle Nick's house overnight and got to explore a whole new house. He even accidentally marked his territory once during the evening. Whoops! Nick says Baxter was very well behaved. Susie and he got along just fine. Once bedtime came around, Susie was starting to get a little jealous and wasn't so sure this new puppy was so cute anymore. He had already been chewing on all her toys.

Nick put Baxter in a caged-in area in the kitchen, but Baxter wasn't happy to be left alone in a strange new place. He whined and whimpered until Nick finally let him sleep in a real bed (that's something we can't do because of my allergies!). Susie was definitely upset now, and she climbed out of bed and slept on a pillow on the floor.

In the morning, Nick had to go to work, so I went to get Baxter...again, without the camera! He wasn't very eager to leave, and he whined and whimpered all the way home. When we got home and he saw Trista, his complaining stopped.

No comments:

Baxter Beaglier Beagalier Beagle Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Hybrid Puppy Dog Blog Blogspot Beagliers Beagaliers Puppies Information Facts